Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Makes An Appearance

The Calm Before the Storm
Well the Weather guessers have been at it again.  For two days they have been predicting this HUGE storm - the beginning of the snow that somehow managed to not materialize so far this winter.  Well there are a lot of us that are pretty happy that this has been the case after record winters 3 out of the last 4 years.  After all is said and done this is (believe it or not), snow country.  So it is lost on me why they make such a Big Deal out of a snow storm.  Even if it is a bad one, it is January and the last time I looked, we get snow in January!  Please, excuse my tongue and cheek sarcasm but this happens every time we have a storm - every winter.  Guess all that fear mongering helps ratings.

What a difference a day makes
Sheep hanging out in the snow
So the storm finally arrived and as storms go it could have been a lot worse.  I got about 4 inches this afternoon and now it's beginning to taper off and gearing up for round #2 that's supposed to come in tomorrow morning.  Most of the snow went south - my sympathies to those living in the Palouse.  They have school closures and about 13 inches in the worst places.  Like I said, it could be a lot worse.  But then there is Seattle.....Bumper cars anyone???

Even my dog didn't think it was all that bad a day all things considered.  Hey - at least we didn't have wind gusts at 45 mph like yesterday!

What do you mean I need to come in??
Oh, all right!  If I have to....Sheesh!
Said Chicken Lickin to Henny Penny, "They sky is going to fall!"  Said Henny Penny to Chicken Lickin, "Of course the sky is falling, it's snowing!  It's January!!

I hope each and every one of you is at home, safe, cozy and warm, kicked back with a nice hot cuppa tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment