Friday, January 18, 2013

The Deep Freeze

It's been awhile since I posted here, my apologies to those who want to follow what's going on in my neck of the woods.  It's been a long stretch of winter here.  Several good snowfalls and then a long stretch of very cold weather.  We haven't been above 32 since before Christmas.  Brrrr!  It makes doing chores even more of a challenge than usual.  I have to admit that even though it's only half over, I am so done with winter and ready for spring. 
Box lid design ready to transfer

I am finally able to jump back into the marquetry work that I so love.  I am happy to say that I am finally working on the finishing touches to the picture that got set aside last spring - other things have a way of taking over my time until I all of a sudden realize just how long it's been since I picked up my knife!  Once I have the picture finished, I have a new hat box design all ready to go which I can't wait to start.  I am also working on spinning up some of the handpainted rovings that I dyed last fall.

New box pattern ready to transfer
So despite my long silence, yes, I am still here!  I have to admit I am looking forward to sunnier, warmer days - I really am tired of being cold!  So for now I am finally jumping into the world of veneer and lots of fiber.  Hopefully I will have some more pictures to post in just a few days.  Stay safe and warm everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Box looks amazing and can't wait to see more. I know that you are just trying to stay ahead of the snow shoveling and warming up but soon it will be gardening time and your time will be taken up with a new dance. Hugs Dear One.

    ReplyDelete