Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ghosts of Summers Past

All of a sudden spring has sprung in spades!  Our temps have gone from chilly to nearly 80 and now we are heading back down into thunder storms and more normal temps.

For the past two days I have been taking care of all the lush plants that you can see in last years fall picture of my garden that I never got cleaned up last fall due to a very late canning season.  And of course I have to admit that by the end of the season I really don't care if it gets cleaned up or not!  Until...(you guessed it) Spring!!!

Then it's marathon sessions of pine cone picking, needle raking, and dead grass plucking all with the hope that the surprisingly warm temps don't jump start my perennials before I can get the afore mentioned debris off of them.

I think in retrospect, perhaps the fall clean-up is maybe the better idea in the face of all of this - however, we will talk about it again in November....In the meantime I am walking a little bent as doing "downward facing dog" for many hours at a time has taken it's toll on this not yet broken in body - it does take a few weeks until I work out all the kinks.  I think I'm glad it's going to rain and I have an excuse to sit and spin....Oh yeah - Happy Spring everyone!! (or Better late than never???)

1 comment:

  1. Glad that is done - now rest dear one.... Soon the growing begins.

    ReplyDelete