Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wand Weaving & Lavender Harvest Continues

wands drying on my chandelier
Yes - I am still in the throes of harvesting Lavender.  I am a little more than half finished with the cutting from the field.  It's beginning to become difficult to find a place to put all of this bounty to dry.  I usually cut the flowers in the late afternoon to insure that they are not damp so they will dry well.  Then I spend the evening weaving the wands.  So far I've woven about 20 wands.  With the cooler and wetter weather we had this spring and early summer there sadly won't be as many wands this year as many of the stems are short this year.

Once all the flowers are harvested and dried, then I will remove the dried buds from the stems and then sift out any impurities and I will have plenty of dried lavender to fill my sachets with.  It's always non-stop around here in the summertime.


1 comment:

  1. I know the hard work you put into the amazing wands. I love mine and each time I come into the bedroom I think of you loving work and talent. Happy weaving.

    ReplyDelete